INCA are proud to support CRASH – the UK construction industry charity since 1996.
CRASH is the construction industry’s charity. Founded in 1996, and sustained by the construction industry, CRASH charity is committed to building a more caring society.
CRASH is all about helping homelessness charities and hospices with vital construction projects and creating places that care for people – and this makes it a perfect fit for INCA and all our members from across the construction industry.
Homelessness and hospice sectors rely on their buildings to deliver their essential care and services to people experiencing homelessness and children and adults with a life limiting illness.
CRASH empowers homelessness and hospice charities to make informed decisions from pre- to post-construction, and channels the industry’s professional expertise, products, and donations to transform lives. The aims are simple … to:
- Transform: Transform hostels, day centres, night shelters and move-on accommodation for homeless people across the UK.
- Create: Create caring environments where children and adults who need end of life care in a hospice can spend precious time together with their families.
- Deliver: Deliver meaningful social impact between companies and charities to create a more caring society and deliver long-lasting benefits in communities across the UK.
CRASH is the construction industry’s charity that helps homelessness and hospice organisations with their construction projects – creating places that care for people when they’re at their most vulnerable.
CRASH unites the industry and channels the expertise and products of companies, to transform hostels and day centres for people who are homeless across the UK.
CRASH also helps children and adults who need hospice care, by creating caring environments where families can spend precious time together.
At CRASH we harness the support of the construction industry to help homelessness charities and hospices with their buildings. Whilst the buildings we create may have a positive effect on how people feel, offering specialised mental health support is not one of our focus areas. If you are looking for mental health support, we encourage you to reach out to Mind or Samaritans who can help.
The work of CRASH
CRASH has built long-lasting, significant partnerships with companies in the construction industry. We work collaboratively with all of the projects we support to deliver assistance in three ways:
- Professional Expertise: CRASH can source pro bono or discounted professional expertise thanks to our Corporate Patrons. This might include architects, engineers, quantity surveyors or contractors.
- Construction Products: CRASH can introduce product specifiers to ensure the correct products are selected, and source free-of-charge or discounted construction products.
- Grant Giving: CRASH awards grants which are made possible thanks to the generosity of the construction and property industry.
How INCA support CRASH
On an ongoing basis INCA will be actively promoting CRASH and the good work they do through:
- Raising awareness of the charity and they work they do
- Supporting the various events they run
- Promoting the various fundraising campaigns
- Raising money at the awards ceremony and at various INCA networking / social events
John Sparrow – INCA Executive Director
Each year at INCA we do all we can to raise money and awareness for our chosen charity. From 2024 onwards we intend to align ourselves with CRASH on an ongoing basis – as the charity for the UK construction industry it feels the natural thing to do and together, with the support of our members, we aim to deliver lasting social impact in communities across the UK. Together we construct places that care for people.
CRASH is your industry charity.
Be proud of it.
Be part of it.
To learn more about CRASH and the work they do visit: https://www.crash.org.uk/