The Insulated Render and Cladding Association (INCA) has welcomed the publication of the Each Home Counts report by Peter Bonfield which follows the launch of their new campaign, ‘Just INCAse’ demonstrating the quality of INCA membership.
Published at the end of 2016, the much awaited report makes recommendations on Consumer Advice, Protection, Standards and Enforcement for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. The report sets out 27 recommendations with the most significant one being the setting up of a new standards framework with a Quality Mark that covers all energy efficiency and renewable energy measures, comprising a Consumer Charter, a Code of Conduct and a Code of Practice.
INCA members are committed to quality and customer service and already must meet recognised standards of competence. INCA membership is the mark of quality on any job and the Just INCAse campaign makes it clear that anyone looking to specify or buy external wall insulation (EWI) should ‘choose quality workmanship every time’ and ‘look for the logo you can trust’. INCA will be working with Government and industry partners to influence and drive forward the implementation of the Review’s recommendations.
INCA Chairman Mitch Gee said:
“Given the importance of quality and consumer protection, the publication of this report brings a much needed direction of focus for the energy efficiency market. INCA members are at the forefront of technical expertise and reflect the highest quality standards which is at the heart of our Just INCAse campaign. As the leading trade association for external wall insulation, INCA welcomes the publication of this report and will be working with the Bonfield team to ensure that the recommendations are implemented in a proportionate way which avoids duplication and excessive bureaucracy for installers.”
~ Ends ~
Notes to Editors
1. The Insulated Render and Cladding Association (INCA) is the recognised trade association for the EWI industry representing system designers, specialist installers and key component suppliers – www.inca-ltd.org.uk
2. The Each Home Counts Review Report can be found here – https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/578749/Each_Home_Counts__December_2016_.pdf
3. INCA members must meet the INCA criteria for membership which can be found here – https://www.inca-ltd.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CriteriaforMembership.pdf
4. INCA provides comprehensive guidance on the installation of EWI which can be found here – https://www.inca-ltd.org.uk/knowledge-hub/guidance/
5. INCA’s Just INCAse campaign visuals can be found here.